* 500 g (1lb) chicken
* 1/4 cup cashew nuts - For grinding
* 1/2 cup cashew nuts - whole or peices
* 1/4 cup almonds
* 1/4 cup golden raisons (optional)
* 6.0 cm (3 inch) piece fresh ginger, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 red chilli, chopped (optional)
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil - Ghee is preferred
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 250 ml (one pint) of real yoghurt
* 75 ml (3 fl oz) double cream
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
* one tablespoon of cardamom
* 3 whole cloves
* stick of Cinamon
* 1 teaspoon coriander
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* Cut the chicken into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes.
* Blend the nuts, ginger, garlic and chilli into a coarse paste with 150 ml (1/4 pint) of water.
* Heat the oil, fry the spices and then the onion until golden. Add the nut paste and yoghurt and cook for about 10 minutes.
* Add the meat and tumeric and simmer for about an hour or until the meat is tender. Add water if necessary.
* About 10 minutes before serving add the double cream, fresh coriander and salt to taste.
Serve with boiled rice, preferably Basmati.